VSS Recap

11/9/07

This year was the first year I went to VSS and it was a very good conference. I recommend it to anyone involved with K12 online learning. This conference is hosted by NACOL and was held in Louisville, KY. The conference facilities were great except the hotel's internet connection was slow and spotty.

All of the sessions I attended were very informative except one. But even during that particular session I ended up with a contact for an online program that serves NA students in Canada.

eCollege threw a great party one evening. (I know you guys are reading this...great party!)

I think the Western NACOL committee will start contribute a lot of great things to the organization. We have a lot of unique situations in the west.



I went to a presentation about social networking that was the best of the entire conference. It was given by a group of teachers from Odyssey Charter HS. Their presentation was very informative and helpful. Since I've figured out MySpace, I now feel the pressure to Facebook and Ning. This is the Wiki they put up to use during the presentation. It is chuck full of info. Very good!!


That is all for now. I'll post more as I go through my notes from the conference.

2 comments:

Mr. Moses said...

Thanks for the kind words about the session. If you can make it to EduBloggerCon this summer at NECC it'll be worth your time.

MKB said...

Kate, I guess I'm late to this entry, but I just found your blog cause a Google alert told me that you had linked in VHSM. I'm sorry that my session wasn't that informative, but it was what I had listed in the description (as I believe in truth in advertizing after having to sit through numerous presentations that had little to do with the title or description).

BTW, did the lead with Keewaytinook Internet High School (http://www.kihs.knet.ca/drupal/ ) pan out?

MKB